Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesdays!


So many things to love on this 2nd to last day of June!!

  • First off: I am soooo happy to be on vacation!!! Technically my last day was Thursday,  but I went into school on Friday and Monday to pack up my classroom (I'm moving to 2 new schools in my district so I can finally be full-time!!) It was glorious to be able to sleep in past 7 AM yesterday morning! Some of my days this summer will be jam packed, but I'm especially looking forward to the days where I wake up and my first thoughts are "Hmm, what will I do today?"
  • Now that the warm weather is here, I'm not always reaching for my hair dryer/straightener after I hop out of the shower. Instead, I'm letting my hair go its natural wavy route, with the help of a few amazing products:

I used this stuff a few years ago but completely forgot about it til a few weeks ago when I was in CVS and spotted it on the shelf. After towel drying my hair, I'll comb through it, throw in some anti-frizz serum (see below) and then use this pomade, working through the ends first and then upwards towards the roots. Then I use the diffuser attachment on my hair dryer (ok, so I guess I DO use my dryer, even when it's hot out!) so I don't mess up the waves. This pomade is very light and doesn't gunk up my hair. Because it's a creme and not a wax it's very manageable too. I've used waxes before and always had a hard time getting the product out of the container!

The anti-frizz serum I use (same company that makes the Argan oil I use too!)
  • The 4th of July seems RIGHT around the corner!! It's one of my favorite holidays and this will be the 2nd year in a row that my band is the headliner at a huge celebration (actually held on the 3rd) right on the beach with an enormous crowd! So of course I've been trying to plan my outfit for the past week or so and I'm totally stuck on what to wear. I do know I'll be sporting Essie's Mesmerize:

Here are a couple of picture's from last year's gig (Look how short my hair was!!)





I'm thinking maybe I'll try to find either red shorts or a red top to wear. Or maybe a fun patriotic-looking dress? Decisions, decisions!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment