Monday, June 20, 2011

Movie Mondays!


Today's movie is not your typical one. I saw this documentary over the weekend at a day-long workshop I attended on music & autism.  It was a wonderful presentation and I learned so many new things about ASDs (Autism Spectrum Disorders).  This movie was shown during the last portion of the workshop and it was truly the perfect ending to the day.

The kids in this movie will warm your heart (and may even make you cry - I was tearing up during several parts). The struggles of the parents will make you realize how insignificant your "troubles" are. And the final product that these kids present is nothing short of amazing.

No, it's not a Hollywood blockbuster or anything like that, but it's a movie that will make you stop and think about kids with autism and what that means. A great quote I heard at my workshop was "If you've met one person with Autism, you've met one person with Autism." Think about it :)

P.S. I am so in love with my iPhone, it's unhealthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment