Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On a slow cooker kick!

So I've recently begun a love-affair with my slow cooker. My husband is ok with it. In fact, I think he encourages it. Score!

Over the weekend we popped into Border's - Brandon was looking for a book on dogs, specifically German Shepherds (yes, we're most likely getting a puppy this summer! More on that later)

I wandered over to the cookbook section and started scanning the titles for some slow cooker books. A lot of them were super fancy and seemed a bit out of my league. To me, if you have to saute something first or do a lot of prep work and then just use the slow cooker for 2 hours then you might as well just heat it up on the stove or in the oven!!

Then I found this:

It was EXACTLY what I was looking for!! Only $15 and it's packed with over 230 recipes for appetizers, soups, main dishes, desserts, beverages, you name it! I love that it lists the nutritional info for each meal as well as the prep/cooking time.

And the best part is that each recipe has no more then 5 ingredients!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I'm testing out the Garlic & Thyme Chicken Breasts - can't wait :)

1 comment:

  1. Your Irish great-grandmother would be very proud of your cooking skills! (And I'm proud to enjoy them!)

    ReplyDelete