Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken

Probably one of the easiest crock pot recipes I've made so far(except for pulled pork, which is literally 2 ingredients - a pork roast and BBQ sauce!) I made this on Monday, so I was glad it didn't require a lot of prep work, since I'm barely awake at 6 AM anyway! I can't say this is the healthiest recipe (because of the soups) but I did use organic free-range chicken and served it with fresh roasted organic broccoli, so I feel like that cancels out all the bad stuff, right??

Cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs) - I used 4 breasts because that's about all I could fit in my slow cooker
Salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste
2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (I used Campbell's low sodium, low fat soup)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup, undiluted (Campbell's again, but of course, there was no low sodium/low fat option!!)
Chopped fresh parsley (optional - I didn't use it)
Hot cooked pasta - I substituted brown rice

1. Place 3 chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Repeat with remaining 3 breasts and seasonings (I just threw them all in together)
2. Combine soups in medium bowl; pour over chicken. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve over pasta

I then used this recipe from skinnytaste.com for Roasted Broccoli with Smashed Garlic.

The final product:


My husband's exact words "Ohh I could get used to this meal!"

No comments:

Post a Comment