Saturday, January 8, 2011

When life hands you lemons...

Yesterday the new washing machine got delivered! YAY!

But they couldn't hook it up because of some "plumbing issues!" BOO!

However, as this blog title suggests, sometimes you gotta make something out of nothing..er, lemons.

So instead of doing oodles and oodles of laundry in our fancy pants machine, I started tackling the walls that desperately needed paint.

This is the last room in our house that has yet to be painted (the sunroom off the kitchen has decent walls that we can live with, for now!).

Let's take a walk down memory lane and check out the befores:

(At the inspection)

(Housewarming party)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: It is simply AMAZING what a coat of paint can do!!
(Work in progress!)

(I literally had to hop up on the dryer, swing my feet over the washer, and hop down into that tight space to paint the wall adjacent to the toilet - quite the acrobatic feat!)






I had forgotten how tiresome painting can be - hence the "I'm too tired to finish rolling this little bit of wall!!!"

I'm loving how the light color is making this tiny space feel a whole lot bigger!

I'm also loving that my Dad will be here shortly to finish hooking up our machine and then I can play Laundry Princess for part of the day!! Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment